It’s difficult to get motivated to workout. Though some people love going to the gym and working on their physical fitness, working on fitness can be seen as an unwanted chore to others. Still, like chores, you have to put at least a little bit of physical activity into your daily routine to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and to do so you’ll need to find different ways to motivate yourself toward that goal. Motivational quotes can remind you why you started down your fitness journey in the first place and get you back on track.
Whether you’re reading them daily, putting them on post-it notes around your room, or carrying them around with you in a purse or wallet, keeping these with you will help turn your “I can’t” into an “I can” in no time.
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” — Jerry Rice
- “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” — Unknown
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
- “The difference between try and triumph is a little ‘umph’.” — Unknown
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” — Kerri Walsh Jennings
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” — Tommy Lasorda
- “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” — Mahatma Gandhi